Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Learning in Progress..



Learning in progress




Well thats true there's always a learning in whatever you do or whomever you meet, you always get a chance to know and learn lot of things and also the tact to deal with difficult situations. Learning with experiences from day to day life only makes you wiser.



Thats exactly what happened  to me, I got a call from one of the organisation for an interview, it was mentioned clearly in the mail that that position is for "MANAGEMENT TRAINEE" and the interview was scheduled on coming Saturday, so being a holiday in the company where I was already working I decided to give it a go. 



As the much awaited Saturday arrived, there I was all pumped up and prepared for the new opportunity. Things went smoothly as  I was through my first interview and it all seemed good  till then. I was called for the second rounds on tuesday, now I had a problem, Tuesday being a working day I had to give some explanation for my absentee in my current organisation. However determined for a change from my current boring job I made an excuse of not keeping well and attended the secondary round of interview.



Everything went good on that day too, I went trough some tests including aptitude and management rounds and had a good induction program, followed with the final interview with the General Manager himself. The way smoothly the things were going it seemed like a dream for me, but somewhere something hinted that this all was too good to be true. But I shunted my  intuitions blaming them to be too pessimistic. 


Finally I was told that I would be informed about the results by evening, so I relaxed and went home. In the evening I received the call from the company confirming my selection, and Wow! I was happy wasn't I. Filled with excitement I started to feel as if I have achieved a great success, happy to get out of the boring job profile, but what I wasn't aware of was things to follow next day.


Next day as I went to my new office I was informed about the meeting I was suppose to attend wherein the GM himself would be addressing. I was nervous but at the same time curious to know abut the job profile for which I was assured a hefty package. I entered a small hall where I saw lot of young guys and gals well dressed in corporate outfit chit chatting with each other. They all looked confident and enthusiastic, looking at them I felt much better as it made me some what more optimistic about my new job.


Then as the GM took the podium I noticed he was a young dynamic guy may be in his late 20's, well dressed with a super cool look and to match it a very fluent English. I was impressed by his introductory talks but I was eager to know that what was my role in all that he was highlighting. 


Slowly and steadily he came to the point and then I realized that I was supposed to go door to door and raise funds for some NGO. In the terms he used he called it "Attitude, Stylish way of doing it" but for me it seemed ridiculous, not that rasing funds for the needful is bad but what they demanded is barging gates and security, meeting people in their offices or residence making false pretext and pleading for help for the needies. There were many on that floor who were doing it for long time, there was nothing wrong but simply not my cup of tea.


But I didn't quit, I spent the whole day with my team noticing all that was going around and trying to make my mind. At end of the day I knew exactly what I was thinking, Yes you got right "I CAN'T DO IT,THATS IT". But I learnt few things through this job fiasco.


First foremost, next time when I go for an interview I will be damn sure, what is the job profile? and try to see through the rosy picture portrayed to me. 


Secondly I will be very careful while even selecting the openings for an interview. 


But meeting so many people on my "A DAY JOB" thought me so many things, from what you must do and what you must not, it was good to go through this experience  for a change , to get some thrill and excitement in my dull monotonous routine. 


And if you might be wondering what happened to me after this fiasco, well luckily I had not resigned from my present company, and that was the only wise move I did, else I wound have been in a real soup. Now I am sitting in front of my desk and writing this piece so that it can prove to be a piece of advice to all those who are applying for jobs. 


So All the Best!!




-Aditya Kasar (AK)



2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely keep it in mind :)
    to be honest.... I've been through it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why i decided to post it, so that it can help all those applying for jobs to make sure what they are opting for.

      Delete

If you like the post, please feel free to write your review and suggestion here. I will be glad to hear from you.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets